This article details how to setup your CRM Sales and Service to connect to Solver Cloud. These steps should be reviewed and applied by a CRM Administrator within your organization.
Solver has the following pre-configuration requirements prior to connecting to Dynamics 365 Sales & Service, collectively referred to as D365 Sales & Service in this document:
- Application ID & Security Key
- Configure User Settings
The process to configure the above requirements is documented in the following sections. Please working your D365 Sales and Service admin to make sure that the following follow company guidelines for enabling access.
Application ID & Security Key
- Log into https://portal.azure.com/ as an administrator.
- Click on Azure Active Directory >> App Registrations.
- On the top menu, click New registration.
- Complete the name and Redirect URI.
- Click Register to complete this form.
- Make a note of the Application ID and Directory (tenant id), you will use them to connect Solver Cloud to your D365 Sales and Service.
- Under Manage, click Certificates & secrets >> New client secret.
- In Add a client secret, enter a description and choose an Expires Click Add.
- Make a note of the entry found in the ”Value” column. This is the password needed to connect Solver to your D365 Sales and Service.
NOTE: The Value will disappear after five minutes.
- In the left pane, click API permissions >> Add a permission.
- On the Request API permissions window, click Dynamics CRM.
- Check user_impersonation and click Add permissions.
- A summary of the permissions will be displayed. Click Grant admin consent… to save the permissions granted.
Configure User Settings
- Log in to Dynamics Sales & Service as an administrator.
- Click Settings >> System >> Security.
- Click Security Roles.
- We recommend creating a new role with Read permission for all Core Records.
- After creating the new role, click Save and Close, then click Users.
- Expand Enabled Users and click Application Users.
- Click New, complete the information, and save.
- From the top menu, click Manager Roles to assign the newly defined role.
Now that the pre-configuration requirements are complete, you can log into the application. Follow the steps below to begin building the integration.
- Log in to Solver Cloud.
- Click Data warehouse >> Data >> Integrations >> Add New for a list of available connectors.
- If you have purchased the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales & Service connector, a checkmark displays in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select this connector and click Create.
- Complete the login information
- D365 Sales URL – the URL found on your Web Services page. It will look like this: https://<GUID>.crm.dynamics.com/
- Azure AD Tenant Name – the key generated from Application ID & Security Key section of this document.
- Key – the key generated in the Application ID & Security Key section of this document.ApplicationID – the key generated from Application ID & Security Key section of this document.
- Click Login
You have now connected your Dynamics Sales and Service account to Solver Cloud.